Life in Pleasanton
Things to do in Pleasanton, CA
There are so many things to love about living in Pleasanton, CA. Not only does the city’s name inspire a bright and sunny disposition, it’s also where a thriving Fortune 500-worthy economy meets homey, small-town charm. No wonder it receives acclaim from leading publications and resources as one of the best places to live and visit in the United States.
This coveted Bay Area suburb presents an outstanding checklist of local highlights and activities. Have a look at some of the best experiences Pleasanton has to offer:
- Explore Pleasanton’s very own wine regionPleasanton is a prolific producer of distinct, flavorful wines. Owning a home here means being close to a number of exceptional wineries and tasting rooms.Taste award-winning Californian-Italian wines with breathtaking views of the Livermore Valley in the background at the Rubino Estates Winery.Enjoy the Michael Katz Winery’s distinct blends in a repurposed rustic barn.
Sample handcrafted varietals from one of the region’s most prolific winemakers since the late 1800s, the Ruby Hill Winery.
Whether you explore on your own or join a guided tour, the lush vineyards and outstanding wineries should be on your list of things to do in Pleasanton, CA.
- Embrace history, culture, and artDiscovery and learning are right around the corner wherever you’re standing in Pleasanton.Just under the arch in the city’s historic downtown, Museum on Main Street exhibits the Tri-Valley region’s story from its Native American roots to the present through permanent and traveling exhibits.The 7-acre Alviso Adobe Community Park is a fascinating attraction. It showcases a rare surviving example of a mid-1800s American adobe home – fully restored and furnished in picturesque 1920s style.
The Firehouse Arts Center is one of the more recently added must-see destinations in the city. Constructed in 2010, it hosts a variety of live performances in its 221-seat theater. It also boasts an art gallery and classrooms for art and drama classes.
Shop for great finds at the Pleasanton Farmer’s Market
Every Saturday, the West Angela Street – just off Main Street – comes alive with the Pleasanton Farmer’s Market. This year-round community market is a top draw for fresh, home-grown produce.
Drop by to restock your supply of fresh fruits and vegetables, eggs, prime cuts of meat, artisanal cheeses, honey, and nuts. You can also score great deals for ocean-fresh seafood here.
- Tickle your taste budsThe fine selection of homes in Pleasanton, CA is complemented by an impressive roster of culinary destinations.Hap’s Original Steaks and Seafood brings classic New York-style steaks to the West Coast. The restaurant also serves delectable dishes using fresh seafood straight from the nearby Pacific Ocean.The Gay 90’s Pizza Co. captures a genuine old-school pizza parlor vibe with its unique setting – a historic, 1864 building located along Main Street.
If you’re looking for authentic Italian cuisine, De La Torre’s Trattoria will surely tickle your fancy with its menu, wine list, and ambience.
For a fresh take on Greek and Turkish delicacies, check out Lokanta Mediterranean Grill and Bar and its fantastic fusion menu.
- Watch or take part in a spectacular local eventAt 270 acres, the Alameda County Fairgrounds is a staple in the Pleasanton, CA living experience. This sprawling venue is home to various community events and trade shows. The most notable event held here is the Alameda County Fair, a highly anticipated regional tradition held since 1912.The Alameda County Fairgrounds features a 3,000-seat amphitheater, a 9-hole golf course, and the Amador Pavilion, a multi-purpose arena and livestock event space.The Fairgrounds also boasts the historic Pleasanton Fairgrounds Racetrack. Built in 1858, it is the oldest mile-long horse racing tracks in the country.
- Have all sorts of fun under the sunOne of the best things about life in Pleasanton, CA is the welcoming, sunny weather that you can enjoy practically all year round. Making these delightful conditions even more enjoyable is the range of outdoor recreational opportunities that the city and Tri-Valley region has to offer.For those who enjoy exploring the great outdoors, Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park presents more than 9,000 acres of preserved natural land to hike, bike, or explore on horseback.The Shadow Cliffs Regional Recreation Area is another top destination, especially if you’re looking for some water-splashing fun to beat the heat.
Golf is another major draw. From the stunning Callippe Preserve Golf Course, to the accommodating Pleasanton Golf Center, golf courses in Pleasanton offer the right balance of beauty and challenge for players and enthusiasts at any skill level.
Make Pleasanton, CA your home with help from Peter and Mari McDowell
Want to make all these outstanding attractions and activities part of your day to day lifestyle? We here at the McDowell Real Estate Group will be happy to show you the finest Pleasanton, CA homes for sale. Browse our listings and contact us at 925.596.4746 or McDowellGroup@VentureSIR.com to learn more.
- A Guide to the Best Wineries In and Around Pleasanton, CA
Livermore Valley is the place to go for wine lovers in the Tri-Valley area. Located just A little over an hour outside of San Francisco, this historic home of the California wine industry features excellent wineries, some of which date back to the 1800s. A visit to the area will have you sampling a wide variety of wines, from light lagers to hearty stouts. You’ll also be treated to gorgeous countryside views and tours of stunning historic estates. With so many excellent choices of wineries, deciding where to go can be difficult. We prepared this list to help you get started.
- Must-visit restaurants in Pleasanton, CA
There’s a lot going for those who choose to settle in the city of Pleasanton, located in California’s East Bay – not least of which are the awesome restaurants that serve locals and visitors alike. Just like the multiple awards the city has received for being one of the best cities to live in America, Pleasanton teems with some of the best eats anywhere. Around 200 dining establishments serve an array of flavors like succulent steaks, exquisite tapas, inventive craft cocktails, hearty Korean bowls, and a 10-course tasting menu showcasing the best of California’s seasonal produce. Check out the list of the best Pleasanton restaurants here.
- 7 places for splashing fun in Pleasanton, CA
Pleasanton offers the best of California living – perfect weather, scenic locations, and great activities for the whole family. The sunny weather almost all year round means you have all the time you want for some outdoor fun. And you have plenty of options for that. If you’re looking for family-friendly things to do in the city, check out the many water-themed destinations here. You’ll find stateofthe art waterparks, Olympicsize swimming pools, and friendly neighborhood destinations. On this blog post, we’ve listed 7 of the top places to go for a splash in Pleasanton, CA with the whole family.
- Your Guide to the Alameda County Fair
Familiarize yourself with the annual Alameda County Fair, one of the grandest and most highly anticipated events in the East Bay. The fair has been entertaining Pleasanton residents and out-of-town guests since 1912. If you’re thinking of attending this year or next, this article will explore the rich heritage and tradition of this beloved East Bay tradition.
Learn about the Alameda County Fairgrounds, a sprawling facility where the fair’s activities have been held since its inception. This post also covers other events and activities that take place here throughout the year. Make the most of your trip to Pleasanton when you visit the fairgrounds and participate in the countless events held in the area.